Monday, October 6, 2008

Look Out, He's Gonna' Getcha'


It has been fascinating watching the collapse of the markets lately, and today was no exception. When is there going to be a total lack of confidence in the banking institutions and when is there going to be a run on the banks? We are getting close to that now. Today I was reading the protocols set out by the US Feds in case of national bankruptcy. It is not dissimilar to the action taken in case of WW III or a national disaster like the west coast of America sliding into the Ocean. I was struck by the fact that it is not a coincidence that we as North Americans have been slowly losing our freedoms. The loss of those freedoms and the fact that we have become used to state control in so many aspects of our lives fits into and enables those protocols to work.
I have been very aware all my life that I live in a generation (baby boomers) that has had relative calm and stability throughout and I have been grateful for it. But now I am thinking that there is no generation that fully escapes major turmoil in their lifetime. In other words, I think that we 'are in for it'.

No comments: