Monday, October 20, 2008

Slow Down

There was a time when I would walk past a park bench and not give a glance or second thought to its significance. But I have slowed down and now take in a great appreciation for these rest stops. Park benches are usually strategically placed, like at the half way mark, or in a place to take advantage of a great view. Park benches are often donated and then dedicated to deceased love ones so should not be casually ignored. Park benches are for sitting on and I do so more these days. And, I have discovered that park benches are very photogenic, whether occupied or not. I have been working on a collection of park bench photos, but only since I have slowed down to appreciate them. What else will I discover when I take even more time to stop and look, perhaps while sitting on a bench in the park?

No comments: