Sunday, October 12, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend


Thanksgiving comes at a very appropriate time this year as the world considers its financial future. A poll yesterday suggested that retirement and near retirement people would be most hurt by the economic crisis. I cannot say that I am unaffected so as a result I have carefully considered what I am thankful for this year. On my list of most important things in my life, everything is intact so why should I fret about a minor factor in my life that in the end, is of no consequence. I am of the firm belief that God looks after his own, not on a whim, but because he has promised and if the past is any indication, I have no reason to doubt that fact now. My future was never in my hands, ultimately, so I will trust it to the one whose hands are much more capable than mine.
May you all have have a time of grateful reflection and may you direct your thankfulness to God who has only ever given us anything on loan.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Terry said...

Thank you, Kerry.