Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sandy Toes


One of many photos taken at this year's Sand Sculpture competition at Harrison.
I caught a bit of the so called debate tonight. I was torn between the Palin/Biden debate and the Canadian debate. In the case of the Canadian effort, I use the word debate loosely. I object strongly to the fact the leader of the Bloc is even invited to this process because he will never be Prime minister, he does not have candidates anywhere but in Quebec, and he is a traitor whose ultimate goal is to tear apart Canada. Every time he spoke, I flipped the channel to the Palin/Biden discussion.
Elizabeth May, of the Green Party, also has no sitting members of parliament and should not qualify for the debate. Without those two there, it would still have been a 'piling on' of Harper. I suppose when you have nothing to offer, you just attack your opponent. It is sad that nothing was debated. It was a barrage of accusations against Stephen Harper and he was never given time to properly defend himself, his party, his policies, or his record.
Isn't it interesting that he is being accused of doing so much harm while in office as a minority leader when at any time at all, Dion and Layton could have forced an election. In the end, it was Harper that called the election. Isn't it always just about power? Sad.
I am so ready for this business to end and go somewhere tropical and put my toes in the sand.

No comments: