Friday, October 3, 2008

Time to Reflect


Everybody hates a tax collector. This attitude has been around from the beginning of time. Well, I am one. Four times a year I do paperwork and then mail a cheque to the government for the GST that I have collected in my business. I am not compensated for this service but actually am penalized because it eats into my productive time. I am home this morning doing the paperwork and am taking a break to blog.
I am also assessing how the world economic crisis is playing a roll in my little world. My financial guru is incognito, perhaps he has jumped from his office window and is in the hospital recovering from the thorns in the rose bushes. (He is on the first floor) We are in the midst of negotiations with the banks on 2 different projects and I must say that things are changing rapidly and in mid-stream. I have a feeling that our economic activity in this country is going to grind to halt soon. Our society is used to running on credit and when credit is in short supply, the run is reduced to a walk. This 'correction' will hurt many people but I am optimistic for ourselves, personally, for our little neck of the woods, and for Canada in general. Some important lessons are being learned and we will be better for it.

No comments: