Monday, October 13, 2008

Sandy Seaworld


Yes, another sand sculpture, this one depicting an underwater sea world. Of course, this had nothing to do with Thanksgiving, except perhaps that I am thankful that I did not have to go underwater to view this beauty. I tried to give it an other worldly feel with the colour treatment.
It has been a while since the copious amounts of turkey were consumed and I am feeling normal once again. As the years progress, I have slowly learned to restrain myself and it is paying off. Eating a 'normal amount' is just as satisfying and does not result in the unpleasantness that gluttony can precipitate. Besides, we will be eating the same meal, more or less, many times more in the days to come. It is called leftovers.
Now, if only the 'new found' restraint that I have discovered could be translated over to the consumption of dessert.
Oh, and for all my Canadian readers, don't forget to vote tomorrow. Unless of course you were considering the NDP party. Then you can forget about it. :-)

3 comments:

Kerry said...

We don't get any "publicity" for the Canadian elections at all...we get CNN and all that we hear about are the American elections. I won't be voting, but I'm going to look into it for future elections. I should be able to vote at the Canadian embassy. I enjoy reading your blog and have learned a lot about Canadian politics just from reading what you write. :)

Terry said...

How nice that someone is paying attention. I hope I am not influencing your vote. Actually, I hope I am influencing your vote. :-) Yes, I would encourage you to persue that interest as a Canadian citizen. Is there perhaps a mail-in vote for people in your position?

Rachel said...

You will be happy to hear Keith and I WILL be attending our local polling station to vote this year.
Shall I vote NDP just to see your BP rise?! LOL!