Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the Thirteenth

Today is Friday the thirteenth and isn't that a good reason to throw a celebration? Last year I propped my ladder up against my house right over the sidewalk that was cracked. While coaxing my neighbours black cat to cross my path, I walked under the ladder and broke a mirror just as I stepped on the crack. As luck would have it, I stumbled on the crack, fell onto the cat and broke its tail, fell into the glass of the broken mirror and cut my hands. While trying to get back on my feet, I banged my head on the ladder and that made me swallow the four leafed clover I was holding in my lips for good luck. To top it off, the rabbit's foot in my pocket scratched my thigh and I ended up with a nasty blood infection that took a ton of medication to cure.
This year I am lying low.

1 comment:

Susan said...

This is hilarious, LOL. Just be careful where you lie today... with your luck, there may be an ant bed or fleas there :)