Sunday, February 1, 2009

28 Years Ago

I was going through some old files the other day, and I stopped at this photo, again. It was around 28 years ago in January that this was taken. Here is my little family in front of the Taj Mahal. Oh, you are right, this is the Grand Canyon. What luck that we were able to travel the rim of the canyon without snow that year. It was an unusually warm winter. We were on our way home from Scottsdale, Arizona where we had been swimming and basking in the sun only days before. We did a number of long road trips with our kids in those years and I have many fond memories and a few old slides.
How can it be that so many years have slipped by when the memories and the photos are so vivid? These things are supposed to fade and decompose with age, but I am right there, on the edge of nothingness, saying "Cheese!" I think I have been blessed with a good memory, especially for details of long ago. But I am not sure. It may just be an active imagination. I forget. Just don't ask me what my cell phone number is. (Unless I have my glasses on.)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That pic must have been taken on a Sunday. We had to dress up on Sundays during vacations even though we didn't go to church. It always irked me as a kid by the way :)

Susan said...

I often ask myself the same question... "Where did all the time go?" I suppose we all do as the years pass. I'm so thankful, however, that our minds are capable of holding so many memories, for they are a beautiful reflection of days gone by.