Friday, February 6, 2009

Sympathy

My post a few days ago elicited some sympathy, something it was not at all intended to do. My thoughts on pain were just an observation, and when blogging, one often tends to ramble on about whatever is most prevalent on one's mind at the time. Having said that, I do really appreciate the well wishes.

I have not stopped working, but have limited myself to that which I know I can handle without doing myself more harm. My day today (Feb. 4th) was an orchestra of frustration. I was close to walking away from it several times, but my son, with whom I work, is a steady rock and with his calming influence, I persevered and in the end it turned out alright. So, you see, there are more that one kind of pain. In the height of my frustration, I forgot all about the physical pain and the mental anguish sort of took over. But, I frustrate easily these days. I may be turning into the proverbial 'cranky old man'.

Tomorrow will be better.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Have you perhaps been around Charlie lately, cranky old man? LOL, he got off from work a few hours early today and has been so grumpy. Perhaps it's something in the air? Oh well, back to the dog house for him, heehee. I hope you have better days ahead :)

On This Rock said...

A lovely picture with this post...quite remarkeable! Thank you for sharing the picture and your thoughts. I can relate....thankfully, it is the weekend now!