Thursday, February 19, 2009

UFO

It was late summer and the light was right for a photo shoot. The rows of freshly cut alfalfa gave definition to the foreground as the trees were silhouetted in the afternoon haze of a hot muggy day. I set up the tripod and was wondering how I could give scale and perspective, together with a little interest to the photograph I was about to shoot. It just happened so quickly and the timing was perfect. A couple walking their dog, slightly separated from each other, came into view. Often, staging something like this does not work and can look unnatural, so I felt so fortunate to be at the right place at the right time.
And speaking of good timing, the UFO that settled in the neighbouring field was a real bonus too.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Very nice pic... looks like it should be on a postcard or something similar :) By the way, I once had a hair-raising experience when I saw what appeared to be a UFO, but I won't discuss it in detail.. some may think I'm delusional, LOL.

poof said...

Aha! There are even crops rows in the forefront!