Thursday, June 25, 2009

Back in the Saddle


The interior designer has finally made some decisions and we are back in the saddle after a few days with scheduling problems that left us unemployed. Naturally, my day was interrupted with life and just as I was getting started, I had to head out for my third in a series of Acupuncture treatments.
#1 treatment did nothing except increase my cost of living. #2 was a real killer as I limped about for the next week. Apparently the needles were pushed deep to 'stir the pot'. I knew it during the treatment that it was stirring something as the discomfort level was pretty high. #3 was a different kind of experience and more comfortable. I felt a diminished level of pain all day and right now, although it may be too soon to tell, I think there is an improvement that I have not felt for several weeks now. Indeed, the pain had been increasing until today. I am greatly encouraged. But ask me tomorrow.
The rest of the day was productive and we are getting to know our new customers. They are very friendly and helpful but keep adding to our workload. They understand that the price keeps going up when they do that so it is OK. These are very savvy folks and we are having some great discussions on a variety of issues.
They gave me a home-made brochure depicting their daughter's new house in Palm Desert California. They just bought it and are looking for potential vacation renters. After quizzing her and studying the information, Lis and I are definitely interested. We are now going to look for two other couples who want to share this lovely three bedroom home with us next winter for two or three weeks. The line-up starts here. Or not.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Me me me me me!

onewomanstreasures said...

you may have to post that brochure for other interested people to see :)
Jennifer S