Saturday, July 11, 2009

Delayed Gratification




Oh the disappointment!
Because the camera is 13.5 mega pixels, I needed a huge memory card and one that up-loaded quickly. I bought the best and latest. I took a bunch of sample photos and was so anxious to see them on my computer. I plugged the memory card into the card reader on my computer and nothing happened. I then re-booted like any techie neophyte would, thinking that a re-boot is the cure for all that ails the computer. It still did not work. My computer which is only two years old has all the doo-dads, bells and whistles that were available at that time, but, you know, technology changes. My card reader reads seven different kinds of memory cards but not SDHC. Oh well, I could at least plug the camera into the USB and read the card that way. Problem is, my computer does not recognise a Nikon camera without having first installed the Nikon software that comes with the camera. No problem. Load the disc and download the software. Problem is, my CD/DVD/ROM player would not work. I tried the last CD that I had played only days ago and nothing. I plugged in a DVD that I had looked at a few weeks ago, and nothing. I have a deceased driver. So, I am hooped. I called a few techie guys and found out that these things take time, especially in summer, because apparently techie guys take holidays too? Who gave them permission to do this?

1 comment:

Elma said...

That is craziness....who can keep up? I think sometimes we blame age for not knowing the details of technology, but perhaps it is the technology itself that is failing us oldies. Hopefully though, there is more fun to come...just delayed.