Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hot Tub Relief

A hot tub is the best in winter, but we can have some cool summer nights too, when the warm and relaxing waters of a jacuzzi can be very inviting. We took advantage of absent hot tub owners this week and indulged not once, but twice. Of course, I had motivation, other than pleasure. In spite of many and varied treatments, my hip is not doing well at all so I tested the waters in the hope that I could find some relief. I did. It was short lived, but relief none the less.

I used to play piano, but because I no longer play any instrument, all my recitals now have to be organ recitals. My hip is not an organ, but you get my drift. I tried a new tack this week. I got a massage immediately followed by another acupuncture treatment. This is like getting a facial, a pedicure and a manicure all at once and is reflected in the bill at the end of the two hour session. I really did miss my calling, if making easy money was my aim in life. There are actually people out there who will sit by your side, music softly playing beside them, and hold their thumb in your lower back for minutes on end and get paid $100.00 an hour for doing it. The end result is that your backside feels lighter, less weighty, but only if that is where you keep your wallet. The acupuncturist really 'stuck it to me' also. I am giving these guys one more chance and then I am out of there. The problem is, I am running out of options. The physio stretching exercises not only were excruciatingly painful to do, but left me incapacitated for many minutes after doing them. With all this poking, prodding, stretching, and needling, the situation is actually deteriorating. Besides, I need a Obama style economic stimulus bailout to keep all this up.
The hot tub alternative looks the best so far, but I know it is not getting at the root cause. It only brings very temporary relief, but for now, I will take that.

No comments: