Thursday, July 30, 2009

Yellow Willys


Back to Shady Grove and the amazing Willys section of the museum. These are rare cars and yet here is a collection of both old unrestored Willys and Willys rods, many of which have had a career at the drag strips. These are unique automobiles and have a funky charm about them. With only two seats, they cry for a Friday night date, cruising the strip and stopping at the local A&W drive-in. Is that the Beach Boys I hear singing in the background? More Willys tomorrow.
The heat continues with no immediate relief in sight. I could not hold the steering wheel in my truck after work today for fear of burning myself. I poured some ice water from my jug onto a napkin and had a small hand hold. It was so hot I was shivering and about half way home I experienced a not so pleasant bout of heart palpitations. I had visions of passing out and waiting for the ambulance to rescue me but it was only a desperate plan to get a ride in an air-conditioned vehicle to an air-conditioned hospital where they would naturally have to keep me overnight for observation. Oh, when will it end? (The heat, I mean.)

5 comments:

On This Rock said...

Oh, the heat! But one small correction...there is a "line up" at the hospital for those air-conditioned beds most specifically in Abb, since CGH has been on diversion since the AC there have malfunctioned...yup, just lovely! But you would be in "like" company...better get that ticker checked out....that is a bit scary!

Terry said...

Not to be macabre, but a nice cool morgue sounds good right about now too. The heart is fine. Had a bout of palps a while back and went through extensive monitoring. All is normal. The timing resets itself after a while and I am good. Not that uncommon, or so I was told.

Rachel said...

I get the palps too...from good ole Dad.
This heat is horrible but it's even too hot to complain much more than that...

Anonymous said...

Having lived in a tropical country for a year I have to say that it is simply mind over matter. Once your mind passes out it just doesn't matter anymore.
Chris

On This Rock said...

Sadly, the morgue is also full....no room at the "inn!"