Monday, July 27, 2009

Hot or Cold?

Today it was 33C but because of the humidity, the weather people said it felt like 43C! I am not at all concerned that this is a harbinger of Global Warming and doom and gloom because in 1960 on this day, it was 35C. Back then there was no greenhouse gas, no Al Gore, and no carbon taxes and yet it was warmer. Go figure.
But me? I was sucking on an icicle and playing in the snow. The lake was not frozen over so I took a dip and then romped in the snow for a few hours. Snow angels, snowmen, and snow balls were the order of the day for me. Yes, I was nice and cool. In my mind. I got out this photo, put myself in a deep trance, and with my vivid imagination escaped the heat, at least until I heard the dreaded words "Terry, the other fan just quit."

2 comments:

On This Rock said...

So much for the deep trance! Our chickens are surely feeling this heat, and that seems to be our temperature gage....rough day at the hospital as well for some of the sick folk when we had AC problems... but it is beautiful when looking out the windows of an air conditioned space. I wonder how long it would last before we could be completely climatized...or maybe that just never happens. Oh well, it is off to another day where the heat is likely a notch higher...up the Fraser Canyon.... working to set up a satellite clinic in Boston Bar.

Anonymous said...

It's so hot here you could throw a few carrots and potatoes in the pool and call it soup.
Chris