Thursday, April 8, 2010

Are We In Holland?

Tulips everywhere! You would think we were in Holland. The garden we choose was called Roozen Gaarde, about as Dutch as they come.
Like roses, Tulips come in many varieties and colours. They prefer the cool weather and last longer in the cold days we are having this spring.

A bed of these flaming beauties look they are on fire!


Layer upon layer of colour, a feast for the eyes.



And a Llama in the field next door enjoying all the unusual attention. We were envious of their woolly fur coats.
I certainly hope today goes better than what has transpired over the last few days, weeks and months. I feel like circumstances are conspiring against me as everything that could go wrong, is going wrong. Well, almost everything. This blog page is not long enough to chronicle all my woes of late. My health is good, thank God, and one good thing about piled up negativity in one's life is that it eventually comes to the point where one can truly say "It can only get better." The turning points in some key areas of my life are imminent. I am ready. Meanwhile we will find beauty in the spring flowers.



1 comment:

Eric Vogt said...

Great shots Terry. My wife and I visited the local and very popular tulip fields each of the past two weekends. Both times spending a few hours taking pictures. Endless, beauty and endless photographic opportunities! I would like to visit the fields in Mt Vernon some time though.