Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Very Old Photo

There have been some very wonderful perks as a result of our family website. I was absolutely delighted the other day when I received a DVD in the mail, loaded with over 300 photos that were scanned from slides that an uncle and aunt had taken during the 50's. The above photo is of my sisters and me standing in front of the living room window of my grandmother's house in Osler, Saskatchewan. My grandmother and an uncle are seen through the reflective window in the background. I have absolutely vivid memories of these days and in this case in particular, the politically incorrect sweater that I am wearing. My mother knit the sweater and as she was doing so, while raising 4 small kids, I was so anxious for her to complete it. I had picked it out of a pattern book and even helped chose the colour combinations. I was so into cowboys and Indians in those early years and could hardly wait to wear it proudly in front of my friends, who, I just knew, would be envious. I outgrew it quickly, but also wore it out. It was so wonderful to see a photo of it. And, yes, my sisters are still cute.

1 comment:

Gaye said...

But of course!