Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Lake Errock Job

I mentioned yesterday that we went to Lake Errock to do a job, site unseen. I rarely do this as I do not like surprises and I have learned over the years that the job is always made to sound easier than it really is. This was true again yesterday. The designer neglected to tell us that the walls were in really rough shape and that there were many raw patches that had not even been sanded, let alone primed. My "all eventualities" preparation paid off as we did bring a gallon of wall primer/size with us and we certainly did use it. I mentally prepared myself for a two day job as I knew that there were two rooms and 18 rolls of wallpaper. We got there just before 9 am after a 45 minute drive. We sanded, primed and hung wallpaper steady with a 45 minute break for lunch and were done by 4:30 pm. In spite of a bad start, we made record time and do not have to go back today.
I had never wandered off the Lougheed Highway into the community of Lake Errock before. The lake itself is not very large, and the homes are rustic, some used all year round, but many only in the summer months. The home we worked in had a most beautiful setting. The wealthy lady who owned it had been there 10 months and had already done extensive renovations. It was quite the place, and definitely one of the nicer homes on the lake. I should have brought my camera to work. It would have been worth it. The photo above is a shot of Lake Errock but I borrowed it from the Internet.

No comments: