Monday, April 19, 2010

Picky, Picky, Picky!

Quite frankly, I am surprised that there are blossoms lying randomly about on this lady's garden. It is out of character for her to have even one blade of grass out of place. This is a gorgeous house, inside and out, but it is a god. She is a cashier at a local grocery supermarket and her husband is a firefighter. Nothing is too good or too perfect for them. Knowing this, I took on the job with an attitude of utmost care and persnicketiness. (Her next door neighbour is a friend of mine, but that is not where she got my name. Friends do not do that to each other.) After using the best material and doing the best I knew how, I got a call back. Apparently, when the light was just right, and you stood in a certain position, and there was a full moon, and Jupiter was aligned with Mars, there was streaking showing up in the paint. I re-painted the wall in question and then walked away from the house, not wanting any more payment. I knew this was one I was not going to win. Very deep colours will streak because of the heavy pigment content and if the brushing and rolling are not all in the same direction, under certain circumstances there will be texture shading, but it goes away when the paint cures in about 5 weeks. I hope she found this out when she moved all her furniture away from the wall, the light was just right, she stood in the certain position, Jupiter ........ etc.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ohhhhh...fussy fuss pot. Where is that house?

Terry said...

East side of town in the old Ten Oaks area.