Friday, April 30, 2010

It Started Here

My father was a salesman for a prefabricated house manufacturing company for a few years called National Homes. This house was one of their products. I was called here by the owners in the early 80's to do some touch ups on some of the window sills that had moisture damage. I met the Walls family for the first time. Irene's mom and dad had just moved here from Alberta and were building a new home. They contracted me to paint the newly constructed house, which I did. Then Irene's sister moved here, also from Alberta, and I painted her house. Then the Walls built a new home which will come up in a future post. I was hired to paint it also. When Irene's dad died, her mom, Mary, moved into a condo, which I also painted. Then her sister moved into the mom and dad's house and I re-decorated the whole interior. Her mom has since passed away and I have re-painted Jack and Irene's fabulous home on Panorama Drive. We have become friends over the years. Back to this house, when I finished the indoor projects they had for me, I painted the Exterior. I got my young brother-in-law to help with the high parts as I was never confident on a ladder or scaffold when it was the least bit precarious. There was a greenhouse attached to the back of the house and the trim was about ten feet above it. We put a plank across to two ladders and then Will placed a 5 gallon bucket on the plank and stood on it so he could reach the high bits. I could not watch as I had visions of him crashing through the glass below as his footing gave way. Well, he survived and all turned out OK in the end. In return for years of employment, Jack has been busylizzy's dentist forever. I have worked for many dentists over the years and I 'owe' them all, but we cannot be changing dentists like we change our underwear. I believe we have chosen to be loyal to the two best dentists in town, and we each have our own so we can spread the gratitude around a little bit.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Finally a house that I know where's it's exactly located!