Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bit by Bit

This is the home of one of my very regular customers. Each contract is another bit of the house that needs an upgrade. I have refurbished several areas of this home a few times already over the years. They are in the telecommunications business but have very ordinary phones in their home. One thing that is not very ordinary is their garden. It is totally hidden from view from all directions, but when you enter from the house or through the garage, you enter an enchanted world of ponds, fountains, sculptures, and exotic plants including huge banana trees that they somehow manage to keep alive during our cold winters. There is also a wonderful atrium off the kitchen full of tropical plants and always a prize specimen of a Bird of Paradise in full bloom.

A flood due to a leaky roof was the source of one my contracts here and I had to strip some very beautiful and expensive fabric wall coverings that I had recently hung. Another unique thing about this couple is that they own a vacation home, in St. Martin, The Bahamas. I have hinted and hinted ..... but to no avail. I have also done a tremendous amount of work for their son, who was still living at home and going to school when I first met this family but now has a home and family of his own. That makes me feel my age.

No comments: