Monday, April 12, 2010

Enough Already

Today we start fresh. It is a new week. I am grateful to have work and even though I have not seen the job we are going to tomorrow, nor have I met the client, I am trusting that the drive to Lake Errock will be worthwhile and productive. I am bringing every conceivable piece of equipment and tool with me to cover any and all eventualities. Last week I drove more than 100 km in one day to solve one little problem and ended up only working one hour. When on contract, this is not the way to operate.

Yesterday was a busy day. We did our tour of service in church this morning, serving continental breakfast to more than 250 people, and it was a delightful time of renewing some old friendships and again bonding with our terrific team of volunteers. In the afternoon we celebrated my father-law's 82nd birthday. I saw some children of nephews and nieces that I had never seen before. We had a lot of good food and some good laughs. We did a bit of planning for our annual work party at the lake property, which will take place next weekend. From there we went straight to our Care group meeting which was again a relaxed time of learning, sharing and praying. Oh, and more eating.


The tulips are over tomorrow. I promise. I think you have had enough, already.


3 comments:

Margarete said...

One can never have too many tulips, in my opinion. Even though I work at a floral shop and see so many different varieties and colours of flowers from all over the world my favourite is still the tulip! Your pictures are glorious. Need to visit Mt. Vernon during the tulip season soon, maybe next year.

poof said...

The tulips have been lovely eye candy. Thanks for sharing so we don't have to wait in the border line ups.

Eric Vogt said...

I won't complain if you put more tulip shots up Terry, I love them!