Monday, April 5, 2010

A New Project


This is Towne Centre Tower. I have done a tremendous amount of work in this building over the years and know most of the people who live here. This is the north facing side of the tower and the people who live on this side get the best view, the north shore mountains in the background, and the lovely City Hall Thunder Bird Park and Clearbrook Library in the foreground. I have many stories to tell about working in this building, but will restrain myself at this time.
I want to start a new project for my blog in the near future. I have worked in the Valley for the last almost 40 years and I thought I would drive around randomly and take photos of the various homes I have worked in and post them with an interesting tidbit with each photo. I was inspired to do this when I found, among my father's things, a small stack of photos of houses that he built. The collection is not nearly complete but is just a sampling of his work. I have the tools at my disposal so I thought I would do the same. I will try to keep it interesting.
On Saturday, I went for a long walk (5 miles) with a very good friend. The wind was cold but we walked briskly and managed to keep warm. It is amazing how the distance gets eaten up when there is good conversation. The last time we did this was on the beach at Banderas Bay. The conversation was just as good, but as I recall, the wind was warmer. We decided we should go back. And we will.

1 comment:

Eric Vogt said...

It's always great to enjoy your completed work. I've also enjoyed all of your blossom photos from the spring. I think I'm with Portland's blossoms for this year already.