Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Child

I got dragged to a 'chick flick' tonight. The above photo is a clue as to which movie it was. But then I have already given it away with the title of my post. It was called "Julie and Julia" or maybe the other way around. I was not paying attention, neither does it matter.
Julia Child is famous for bringing French cooking to America, not Mexican, such as is portrayed in my photo for today. The story is a juxtaposition of two eras and two lives intertwined with cooking and recipes. What the story is really about is finding purpose, seeking a goal worthy of enduring effort, perseverance, escaping tedium, blogging, recognition, and love. And the food. Oh, the food. Often the eyes will leak while watching a movie, but in this case, the salivary glands are squirting. It is funny and at times endearing and although I am not a huge Meryl Streep fan, the woman can act. Just one warning. If butter turns you off, do not go see this movie.

No comments: