Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Blog Break

Look what happens to a Morning Glory when a ray of light hits it from behind!
It is Morning Glory season and every morning we wake to a brand new fresh batch of blossoms, unscathed by sun, wind or insects. By evening, they are withered and fall off of their stems. Lis has planted them all around our home and they intertwine with other trees and flowers, creating unending photo opportunities.
Today we are packing our beach wear and heading for the hot interior for a much needed vacation. I just realised it is one year since we have left home for any kind of a break. Part of the reason has been my immobility and the other part is our conflicting and overlapping schedules. This must change in the next while and just may, because I think I am on the right track to solving the pain issues in my hip. When there is conclusive evidence, I will tell all.
Meanwhile, I will be taking a blog break, but not for more than 5 days. I know that so many of you count on me for your daily insights into life, your laugh (or groan) for the day, and you all need someone to just shake your head at. I am hoping that when I return, I will have fresh and wise things to say, but will probably only come home with a sunburn, and the trots, from eating too much fresh fruit. There now, that thought should hold you over.

2 comments:

On This Rock said...

Hoorah for a vacation.... if it has been a year, then you are long overdue a change of scenery. Have the best time ever - we will see ( and hear) from you on your return.

Eric Vogt said...

Your cousin just pointed me your blog, and I like it! Nice photos! As you mentioned, there's a lot of learning to do with your first SLR. I think it's worth the effort. Have fun!