Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Page from the Photo Album

Anyone walking past our house will come within inches of this beautiful bouquet.

Lis has many amazing talents but all revolve around her artistic and creative nature. Again this summer, she has done an amazing job of making our garden the most beautiful on the block. I could not count the times that folks, walking by, will stop and just stare. Many will make comments, if one of us is outside, and they spot us. It is fun watching from the window some days. There was a Japanese lady who used to stop and talk all the time. We eventually got to know her and over time she found out my line of work and asked me to come to her house down the block and do some work for her. She was a retired nurse who looked after a young grandson and spent time decorating her home. We worked for her many times and became friends. Recently, we were shocked to see her obituary in the local paper. There was no service and we did not know her family, but only knew that it was very small. We miss seeing her and chatting with her as we admire the bouquets in Lis's garden.
Regarding the YouTube video that got those good old prairie boys in a heap of trouble. I can easily remember a time when shooting ducks was legal and abortion was outlawed. Now it is the other way around. The world is turned upside down.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful! I wish I had more time for flowers... I love to watch them grow and show off their blooms. Great pics of Lis' talent.

On This Rock said...

I agree...the gardens are beautiful and you get to live in the Centre of it all....so lucky! I also agree that Lis has a whole lot of talent... a wonderful artist.