Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cosmos

No, this post is not about the universe. That is the name of these flowers.

My plate is very full these days and I do not really have time to do this, but some of you have been asking and I can kill a whole bunch of birds with one stone here. Not that I like killing birds, but I like getting my 8 hours of sleep so I have to work efficiently here. Work is crazy like it is every fall, but I am still able to squeeze in visits to my dad in hospital and meetings with siblings regarding his situation. No definitive word yet on why his condition is what it is, but some pieces are starting to come together. Renal failure for one and perhaps pneumonia. His delirium has more or less passed but he is very weak and cannot get up on his own or even stand when not assisted. X-ray results, on his very sore leg, will arrive tomorrow. Meanwhile he is being well cared for in our spanking new hospital in a private and spacious room. Assessment for some type of care to come. He was well rested tonight and apart from hearing problems (nothing new) we had a good and normal conversation.

No comments: