Sunday, September 27, 2009

Plan 'B'



I was greatly looking forward to my first hockey game of the season. Tonight I have the time and according to the schedule, the game at Calgary is supposed to be on TV. The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing, so there is no hockey tonight. I will pay some bills, but first two photos. The top photo is straight out of my camera, the second one altered for more of an artsy look. I cannot remember how many times I have taken a photo of a flower and after seeing it on my computer, discovered the variety of wildlife living on the blossom. I knew there were bees on the blossom, but the spider surprised me. Which means my house is probably full of them too and they have their way with me in the middle of the night.

2 comments:

Eric Vogt said...

I enjoy your flower photos Terry. I'm envious that you have a beautiful garden to meander through each morning with your camera. Did you try playing with the flash when shooting this backlit sunflower? I can be fussy, but can also take out the shadows if that's what you wish. It is easy to blow out and make look fake on the downside.

Terry said...

I like backlit photographs. I do not treat my floral protraits as one would do human portraiture where shadow and light are more critical. What I see in the early morning light, in the garden, is what I am trying to portray. It is not 'text book' but I like it. I will often use the lighting effects filter in Photoshop to create shadows that are not there. The Shady Grove photo of the gas pumps is an example.