Sunday, September 6, 2009

Garlic

The dried pods standing tall on their stalks are garlic. There are those, including me, who love the flavour that these crushed mini cloves gives to meat dishes. They are in abundance in the garden in Oroville.

There are those who like to add flavour to their lives in other ways. Someone I know very well has been attending the 'Burning Man' festival in the Black Rock Desert of Nevada this week. I had heard of it before and knew it was weird but after 'Googling' it this morning, I certainly learned a lot. One cannot go as a spectator but must participate. After paying a $250.00 entry fee, there is no money exchanged at the festival. All things are 'gifted', bartered, or exchanged in one way or another. Only coffee and ice are sold. It is a fringe art 'free for all' and totally 'off the wall'. I anxiously await a report when said couple returns this week.

No comments: