Sunday, September 20, 2009

New

I once made a comment on this blog that my mother had a wonderful Rhododendron bush that would bloom profusely every year and she would never fail to call me to come quickly and take a picture before its peak was past. I must confess that I am like her in that every year, I take photos of many of the same things. I see these magnificent 14 ft. Sunflowers and I think that I could not have ever seen them so beautiful before and I must take a photo which will be the best photo I have ever taken of a Sunflower. The same goes for the Roses, the Morning Glories, the Poppies, the Cosmos, ........ and on and on. For me, they are new every season.
Lamentations 3: 22 - 23 says
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
When I go into the garden and see the flowers with new eyes each year, I should be reminded that likewise, I should see God's great love and compassion for us as new every morning also. There are things in this world that we never grow tired of, probably to remind us that God never grows tired of us, and we should see him with fresh eyes and fresh hearts every morning.

1 comment:

Eric Vogt said...

I like this post Terry. The simple beauty around us draws us closer to God. It sounds like, if you don't already have one, that you would get great use out of a macro lens! I've enjoyed taking pictures of flowers and birds, which is turning me into a birder and almost a green thumb. That, and making my photo gear shopping list even longer!