Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Birthday Party

It was 88 years ago yesterday that my dad was born. Nine months ago he moved into a care facility and is doing well there. This is a photo of him with his birthday cake, in the dining hall where he eats his meals three times a day. Even though we had a fireman in attendance, we refrained from lighting 88 candles.
He requested a chocolate cake and when you are 88, you generally get what you want.

After the singing and the cake, there was a Crokinole Tournament with the grandson and great grandsons.
Here is me and my dad, sharing the moment, and the chocolate. I got the genetic addiction to chocolate from him. As addictions go, it is one I do not mind.

Here is a four generation photo. Note the left hand creeping toward the Caramilk Bar.
Dad's father and grandfather lived to 98+ so there will probably be a few more of these celebrations. He has four older siblings still living and doing quite well. 

*Photos supplied by my daughter, the cute one in the middle.
My grandson Liam, his mommy Rachel, and my youngest sister Carla. Thanks to all for making the birthday boy so happy on his special day.

No comments: