Thursday, July 29, 2010

Introducing My New Friend

It took a full day but I was determined to replace my truck so I could get my work life back under control. I purchased a new 2010 Mazda B2300 truck like the one in the photo above except mine will have a custom canopy on the box in about a month. It is on order now. I know the owner of VIP Mazda and in fact went to school with him. I have been treated so well there and given such great deals that this is the sixth new vehicle I have purchased there over the years. Now I await the verdict from the insurance company as to how much they are going to assist me in my purchase. I do not expect much, but the adjuster said that I may be pleasantly surprised.
This new truck has everything my old one did plus a/c, 4 air bags, four wheel ABS disc brakes, a great stereo system, and much more power (which means less fuel economy) The one downside is the smaller box, but there is nothing on the market anymore with a 'long box'. We will have to adjust our tool selection with this new reality. I certainly hope that over the next few years I can say that Mazda Quality which was there when they built my old '93, has returned to their line of trucks.    

1 comment:

Rachel said...

bench seat or buckets?
Congrats on your 'forced' purchase :) I look forward to seeing it.