Friday, July 30, 2010

I Love a Road Trip

I can think of few things in life more enjoyable than a beautiful sunny day and a long road to drive. I have always loved driving. I think it started when I first learned to ride a bicycle and discovered the exhilarating feeling of freedom and a better, faster way to go places. With a dependable vehicle and a good road, beautiful scenery and a good stereo system, I can leave the cares of the world behind, forget about the daily grind, and simply live in the moment. When I took my recent trip to Saskatchewan, I left home at 5 am and basked in the spectacular light of a sunrise over Mt. Cheam. The valley was bathed in warm light and yet the early morning was cool and fresh. My destination was Edmonton and even though I knew I would be driving for 12 hours straight, I was energised by the thought and felt young and strong. There are many more road trips in my future, God willing, and I hope I never lose the excitement of heading out on one of them.
      
Jasper Alberta

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I guess it's genetic...I love a road trip too. But not with young children!

Eric Vogt said...

Gorgeous landscapes of Jasper Terry!