Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Downtime


My list of customers "who will call" is growing by the day. It stands at around 15 right now but today I got a call from someone not on the list who wants me to come on Wed. Last year I had the best January ever in my business, and this year I had 5 hours of work, which I have not yet been paid for. I met another contractor today who had a similar story to mine. No work. We are both worried that when the phone finally starts ringing, we will have to be in several different places at once. It has happened before.
Meanwhile, today we threw together another colour scheme for our house and the paper is ordered and I bought the paint today. I have to fast track this project now because there is a big in-law birthday party happening here this Saturday. It would be a pity to push all the furniture back in place if the walls were not done.

No comments: