Friday, February 11, 2011

Who Am I?

View from Hovely Lane in Palm Desert, looking southwest.

I am a former School Teacher who now runs a multi-million dollar municiple corporation, in spite of the fact that I never even operated a Popsicle stand. 
I ran for office on the promise that I would give people good value for their money. 
I have raised taxes more than the inflation rate every single year. 
I have imposed strict water restriction in the wettest place in Canada. 
I have signed a 10 year agreement to pay a hockey team to play in our town, a team that cannot draw enough fans to even cover the cost of operations. 
I have just hired a consulting firm to justify a 9% increase in my pay. That firm charged the tax payers $9000.00 for that simple task. 
I am again raising taxes this year, almost double the inflation rate. 
Who am I? Why I am the mayor of Abbotsford. Don't you just love the way I run the show? Can't you just wait for the next election?  

No comments: