Monday, February 28, 2011

Meltdown

A Palm Desert home in 'our' neighbourhood.

I did not really mean the last line of yesterday's post to be a prayer, as such, but apparently somebody did because the snowfall of last night melted just before I got my shovel out. What incredible timing! As I was getting ready for church, I saw my neighbour shovelling the sidewalk in front of my house, a requirement in our city. Not wanting to go out in my 'good clothes and shoes', and not wanting to be late for church, I left him alone and on his own. He seemed to be enjoying the work much more than I would have. By the time I got home and got changed, the snow was almost melted. I gave it a few more minutes and voila! It was gone.  

Besides the snow last night, we have been given a new leader of the Province. I was not thrilled with any of the choices, but it was the members of the party, of which I am not one, who decided and now we will all have to live with their decision. Ms. Clark will have her work cut out for her as she has been in government before and she made a few enemies before she quit. I have come to the conclusion that she won because she was the best known of all the candidates. She was a radio talk show host for many years on our most popular radio station so anyone who ever listened to her would know more about her than the candidates who they probably never heard. Exposure and advertising pays off. But, it is exactly what I heard in Ms. Clark, on her radio program,  that has put me off to her. 
She is leading a coalition of Conservatives and Liberals and she is a Liberal and closely connected to the Federal Liberals, a gang I have no use for. This bent came through many times in her opinions and editorials on her radio show. 
I will give her time before I pass judgement on her leadership abilities, and her savvy as a politician in charge. I only hope that she is better than I think she will be.  

No comments: