Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mix


I was at Costco the other day and just before I found my place in the long line at the check-out, I grabbed a little Dixie cup full of something they were handing out at the end of the candy isle. You know, something to munch on while I was waiting my turn. I entered lane 8 at position 10 and was in for a long wait, but I had my little snack. I popped a few morsels into my  mouth and ... Wow! I put the rest of the mix in my mouth and before I swallowed it, I was heading out of the line back to the sample station to see what it was that I was eating. Yes, I eat unknown things. (I had just had a microwaved bit of sausage sandwich in the freezer isle and almost gagged.) 
I discovered that the samples were 'Wildroots 100% Natural Trail Mix'. Let me tell you, this is good stuff. I grabbed a package without looking at the price, much as you would when choosing an ice-cream cone at Ben and Jerry's. 
Fast forward to the hockey game last night. We had a terrific dinner of pork chops with all the fixin's, with Lemon Pie for dessert. Oh yes, busylizzy feeds me like that every day. How do you think I maintain my growing pot belly. 
We were back in front of the TV for the second period and the game was a bit of a nail biter at times and a snack was needed. I hauled out the trail mix. Mistake. I was not hungry, and I was placing a highly addictive food form in front of my face and there was a hockey game on. This is a recipe for disaster. I could not stop, and I don't mean cheering. This stuff is so good. Oh, I guess I said that already. 
It will never replace chocolate, but this mix has the appearance, at least, of being healthier than chocolate. 
Now excuse me while I grab what is left of that trail mix and have just a tiny little handful before I run off to Costco to 'stock up'. They have some exercise equipment on sale there too. That might make a good combo.     

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You should try the vanilla pomegranate cashews! Same aisle.

poof said...

I buy that stuff all the time. It's very good...I think. The bag is always empty by the time I get to it...