Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ready to Party


Over the last few days I have been working at the decorating project here at home. I completed the crown mouldings on Wednesday and on Thursday we got all the walls painted. We put curves in all the corners to make it look more like a 'Hobbit' house. Actually, Andrew took these photos with his amazing fish eye wide angle lens.


There used to be wallpaper on the top 5 feet of the wall, and then that beige paint on the bottom 3 feet. Here you see all the little repairs on the walls and all the trimming in of the new colour, not that different from the colour we had before, but a better tone with carpet.


The wall in the entry is freshly rolled and wet. That white you see straight ahead is the colour the whole house was when we bought it in 1986.


Caught in the act at the end of the hall.


An action shot. My customers freak out when I do this over their carpets. I guarantee a new carpet if I spill. I do not spill and you would not believe the time I save by not 'tarping' everything. It is all technique and high quality spatter resistant paint.  


I am really on a roll now!


Dry and sort of back together now. There is still the small issue of new window treatments (the old pink blinds have got to go), a new entry light fixtures, wallpaper on the feature wall, and getting some art and mirrors on the walls.


It looks larger and much less busy without the old wallpaper and borders, but I like the cleaner look. We just re-painted all the doors and trim last winter after all the new windows were installed, so everything is now fresh and new.  


There was a rush put on this project because there is a birthday party happening here on Saturday (today). It is not 100 % complete but it will do. You can also see the newly re-finished Maple table complete with the two extensions. We will have 14 around this table on Sat.
I like the curved walls. I think we will keep them.

No comments: