Sunday, February 6, 2011

Try This One

Stylized Palm Desert scene.

"Try this one."
"No thanks. That one was delicious and I think I have had my fill. Besides, didn't you say that one was 'hot'?
"It's not that spicy, try it"
There were the three delicious home made pizzas, sitting in front of me, tempting me. We were invited to busylizzy's sister's for a Saturday night dinner and it was great. I know my limitations, but it was so good and I fell. It was not that spicy, and just as good as the other one I had been eating from.
Later, we had coffee and a wonderful fresh out of the oven peach cobbler with ice-cream. I dove into the delectable dish, relishing every mouthful. Soooo good with coffee. And decaf too so I would sleep at night.
Fast forward. It is now 3:30 am and here I sit, tap tapping away at my keyboard, heartburn smouldering in my upper GI. When will I learn. This is totally my fault, my lack of self control, my not being able to say no. This does not happen often, but when it does, I kick myself, and then reach for the Tums. I felt the kick, but I have not yet felt the Tums. Time to get out the big guns, the baking soda. That will knock it back and I may get some sleep.


3 comments:

Rachel said...

Methinks you need to stop teaching yourself this lesson.

poof said...

For the next time you don't learn your lesson, here's another...dairy works - yogurt, warm milk and acidophilus. Not necessarily in the order.

Terry said...

There will not be a next time. I think.