Thursday, November 24, 2011

Clayburn Village Living


I like this welcoming banner, but strangely enough, it can only be seen on a side street.


I have driven down this street countless times over the years, on my way to work in the Clayburn Hills subdivisions and at Cedar Springs, the premium townhouse development in town. I have always wanted to pause a moment and photograph some of these homes, but it is a very busy street and there is no shoulder on which to pull over and take a photo.


One day in October, I just decided to do it, but I think I caused a bit of road rage as I stopped at will.


Each home has a unique flare and the thing they all have in common is their age and the fact that each one is constructed of Clayburn Brick.


Some are pretty much original,


and others have been nicely renovated.


They show best in Autumn when the red leaves blend in with the reddish orange bricks.
Tomorrow, the store.

3 comments:

villagegirl said...

I love this post! I know each family that lives in those houses (except maybe one). There's also a famous artist that lives in one of them! We are very happy living in the village - it is a fairly close-knit community.
And people should not be showing road rage, they should be obeying the 30K speed limit all though it...which they don't! Just putting my 2 cents in. :)

Terry said...

I always stick to the limit because unlike a school zone, there is no real danger, just a chance to slow down and enjoy the village. I suspect the rumbling of fast traffic may collapse the old brick structures. :)

Leslie said...

LOVE YOUR PHOTOS! I would love to talk to you about using some of these for photo cards for a fundraiser for Clayburn Village..... Could you please contact me at mail@clayburnvillagebb.com

Thanks a bunch - Leslie