Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Stream Bed


Wandering around, deep in a forest, the light is not great so the quest is to find something interesting. The bright glare of the early morning sun was blinding in the darkness of the canopy, as it found a path between the giant Cedars and Maples, and reflected like diamonds off the water. It could be any time of year, but for the dried Maple Leaf hung up on the rocks.



As I looked upward, I saw the shaft of light directed through what remained of the morning fog, like smoke from a camp fire.


I played with the light temperature settings and made it look like a warm sunny day, and not the cold November morning that it was. The solitude on this quiet little walk through the woods made me want to stay there longer, but my fingers were freezing. A photo can be deceiving.

No comments: