Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Down in the Mouth

As seen from Old Yale Rd. West

I cannot remember when I have hurt so much after a dentist appointment. The tooth being worked on was in a tough spot, upper left and next to the wisdom tooth, so I was almost stood on my head for the good Dr. to get a handle on it. There was so much stuff hanging out of my mouth, and stuck in my mouth, that I am sure it resembled an autopsy more than a dental procedure.
I find these episodes requiring more endurance as I get older. The pain is not in the tooth, not at all. It is in my neck and in my jaw. Also my gums and cheeks were so chewed up I could barely eat my lunch and dinner today. I was also informed that because the new crown is opposite a gold tooth, it also has to be metal so the less expensive ceramic tooth has been cancelled and a gold one is on order. And you know the price of gold these days. But what is one more source of pain?
 It must be awful to have a career for your whole life where everyone you see does not want to see you. I have known many dentists through the years, who have been my clients, and I have liked everyone of them, and have enjoyed working in their homes and getting to know them. I just never want to see them in their office.

No comments: