Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Fall


I learned that there is a reason for naming this season 'The Fall'. I was out and about enjoying the leaves and a bit of sunshine through the early morning fog. The trails are a bit treacherous with all the slippery decaying leaves, but especially on the board walks on Discovery trail. The wooden walkway under the leaves is wet and mossy, making it slick. I had just let the cyclist pass, when right on the spot marked by an 'X', I slipped. I would have fallen, but I corrected my stance with a jerk, mostly to protect my camera. My camera is fine, but my groin is not. I hobbled a few hundred yards to the main road and called for transportation. It was at least another 4 Km. home and I knew I would not make it. The irony is that I would have been at work, where, apparently it is much safer, had it not been for ........   well, I will save that for the next post. I need to take another anti-inflammatory right now.

No comments: