Friday, November 11, 2011

Remembering


I often have several posts waiting in the wings, scheduled to be automatically viewed on selected dates, so I overlooked the fact that today is Remembrance Day and my post for today is not appropriate for such an important occasion.
Over the years, I have worked for many war veterans and heard many heroic and not so heroic stories, but the one person I always think of on this day is a fellow I got to know when I was only a kid. I blogged about him once before, but it is worth repeating.  http://terryography.blogspot.com/2009/09/pumping-gas.html

He was just a young man when he went to war, and it scarred him forever. What will happen when his generation passes on? Will his grandchildren and great grandchildren forget what he did and why he did it? History repeats itself because we do not learn from it. Either we are ignorant of it or we think we are too advanced to make the same mistakes again. We should think again.

No comments: