Monday, November 28, 2011

Grey Cup Sunday


Yesterday was Grey Cup Sunday in Canada. I played some football as a youngster and learned the game at an early age. I saw my first CFL game when I moved to BC in 1964. The Lions played in the old Empire stadium at that time and it was a thrill for me, even though our last minute tickets were for seats behind a rather large supporting pillar. Today, our Lions, who started the season with 5 straight losses, dominated the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and we are the champs. Both Wally Buono, the coach, and Travis Lulay, the quarterback and MVP for the game, are professing Christians, which for me, makes it even more satisfying. By all accounts, the newly refurbished and re-roofed BC Place Stadium was a huge hit.
As for the half time show, well, let's just say that had I been there, I would have wanted my Nickelback.  

No comments: