Monday, May 24, 2010

Another Doctor

This is the same street as Sunday, May 16th's post, in fact, it is next door. My customers do not forget me when they change locations and this is another family I was introduced to in another house, their first home here in Canada. They lived on an acreage on the west end of town and had recently come here from England. When I first worked in their home, her mom and dad had just moved here from the UK and were retired and planning to live with their grown kids and their two grandsons. There were big renovations going on and after completion I did not see them for a while. When next time I got the phone call, they had moved to this house. Their two sons were married and in careers of their own, the elderly dad had passed away, and the mom was living in a suite behind the double garage you see in the photo. I cannot say enough about these people and how good they were to work for and get to know. He was a sports medicine doctor and travelled quite a bit giving seminars as well as running a clinic here in town. His wife was his receptionist and the old mom held down the fort at home. She was and is a delightful character with a typical British sense of humour and wonderful accent to go with it. I lost track of how many times I worked in this house, but I do know that each time was a pleasure, a wonderful time of catching up with the latest developments in their lives.
As a side note, one of their sons is a paramedic and was the one who came one evening, a few years ago, when we had to haul busylizzy off to the hospital.

No comments: