Friday, May 21, 2010

Share the Work

This is again the same street. Many years ago I met and worked for Pam who lived in a modest little home. I did a small job for her and a few years later she moved onto this street. I worked in her home at least a dozen times and each time she had a list of friend's that she gave me, who also needed work done. She was a social butterfly and knew very many people. The house in the above photo is across and up the street from Pam and these gals are, or at least were, best friends. I completely re-decorated this house in the eighties and remember what a large job it was. Now, in the last year or two, my brother-in-law, who is a renovator, up-dated this house in a one year project. It may have been longer, but in the process, the owner needed a bit of wallpaper hung and so I was back. The house has completely changed, except for the exterior. The kids are all grown up now and the wear and tear they inflicted on the home is all healed and renewed. It is quite wonderful inside now.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love those West Coast design homes!

Terry said...

You still see that influence in the modern homes with the comeback of wood both inside and out and the vaulted ceilings in the 'Colorado' and 'Whistler' style homes. They are friendly looking and cosy.