Sunday, May 16, 2010

Looks Can Be Deceiving

There is much more to this house than meets the eye. It was one of the first homes built on what was at that time the most prestigious street in town. I was starting my business and only dreamed about working in the homes in this subdivision. This woman got my name from the paint store where I was buying my supplies at the time and when she gave me her address I was tickled to give an estimate for the work she needed doing. This home is a rancher, but is quite large and extends quite a ways back. There is a swimming pool back there too as well as lovely gardens, or at least they were at that time. She became a regular customer and we even attended the same Church for a while. She has been single, married, divorced, re-married for a few minutes and then a single mom. What her status is now, I do not know, but through it all, I found her to be quite pleasant and we got along well. Little did I know that over the next few years, I would be working on this street so much as to almost call it full time employment. It is still a very nice area and most of the homes are very well maintained, but I only did one small job there in the last year. I have moved on.

No comments: