Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Townhouses

This is a small townhouse development on the east end of town known as "The Camden" The first time I was in one of these, I did not get the job because my price was too high. Since then, I have worked in three of them. The first was for an interior designer who used to 'dress' store windows in the day when that was popular. Her place is spectacular and done in an African theme with golds and blacks and the finest African art I have ever seen, none of the tacky stuff that one can pick up by the road while on Safari. More recently I worked for a retired pastor and his wife. Almost the minute I walked in the door to start the job, he hounded me to become a member of his ministry team, asking to give him one good reason why I could not. We 'had it out' in a sort of amicable way and came to an understanding that when I retired I might consider something like that. We then got along famously and he steered me to his new neighbour who was a pastor's wife who had just been abandoned by her husband. Yes, you meet all kinds.

No comments: