Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Luxury

It was in the late seventies when I first met this couple, again, as a result of the award winning designer who was a constant source of work for me. They lived in a simple house at that time, compared to this beauty, where they still reside. Ann (not her real name) is one of the nicest, friendliest people I have ever met. Today, she is wracked with arthritis and even through her constant pain, is a friendly smiling person. This home is beyond description. It is pure elegance and quality throughout. Her husband, even though he is a partner in one of the largest and most successful businesses in town, is still a down to earth working man. I just heard that he finally retired, although I am certain he still shows up for work occasionally. He is a hobby fisherman and I trust he is out on the water a lot these days.
We hung a lot of wallpaper in this house as well as repainting many areas that got wear and tear from the grand kids. I will always remember the coffee breaks and the warm conversations with Ann in her beautiful family room overlooking the pool in the immaculate gardens of the backyard. It is not always that there are quality people living in quality homes, but that certainly is the case here.

No comments: